In COVID-19 clinical update #46, Daniel Griffin discusses the BinaxNow rapid antigen test, efficacy of Bamlanivimab in nursing homes, associations of serum vitamin D concentrations with in-hospital mortality and need for invasive mechanical ventilation, trials of IL-6 receptor antagonists, effects of anticoagulants on in-hospital mortality, and symptom persistence in outpatients.
Hosts: Daniel Griffin and Vincent Racaniello
Click arrow to play
Download TWiV 710 (21 MB .mp3, 35 min)
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Evaluation of Abbott BinaxNOW (MMWR) 17:00
- Lilly mAb in nursing homes (WSJ) 18:16
- Vitamin D and COVID-19 severity (Mayo Clin Proc) 19:56
- Anticoagulation, aspirin, in-hospital mortality in COVID-19 (medRxiv) 21:19
- Long COVID symptoms in outpatients (Ann Int Med) 27:07
- Letters read on TWiV 710 27:48
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to firstname.lastname@example.org
How long does it take to re formulate vaccines as in the scenario of possible mutant development .