On this episode, a discussion of why modifying the dose schedule of the mRNA vaccines in the US is not a good idea, evidence that lower Ct values on hospital admission is associated with higher mortality, and dose-dependent response to SARS-CoV-2 infection of ferrets.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- BSL-3 Assistant Manager position 1:49
- Follow authorized vaccine dosing schedule (FDA) 12:28
- Mina suggests one vaccine dose (NY Times) 13:57
- UK decision document on vaccine dose (pdf) 19:30
- Ct linked to COVID-19 mortality (Open Forum Inf Dis) 43:51
- Dose-dependent infection of ferrets (Nat Comm) 58:50
- Letters read on TWiV 703 1:19:08
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:54:00
Laura – Auld Lang Syne follow-up
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org