Daniel Griffin provides a clinical report on COVID-19, then we discuss rapid deployment of SARS-CoV-2 testing by research laboratories in San Francisco, longitudinal observation of antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 in patients, and listener questions on vaccines, loss of smell, face masks, and more.
Guest: Daniel Griffin
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Daniel’s COVID-19 graph (Twitter) 2:07, 10:30
- Cornell U containment victory (Bloomberg) 5:51
- Regeneron mAb trial paused (WSJ) 59:55
- CLIAHUB (PLoS Path) 1:05:15
- Serum antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 over time (paper one, two, three) 1:17:45
- Letters read on TWiV 677 40:00, 1:54:35
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 2:25:45
Dickson – Comedy Wildlife Photography
Brianne – Ed Yong – Science reporting during a pandemic
Alan – Tree Story by Valerie Trouet
Rich – Vaccine Investigation and Online Information Network
Vincent – Wearing is Caring
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org