In this episode we explain how regions of the human genome associated with severe COVID-19 are identified, the finding that one of these regions was inherited from Neanderthals, and prolonged SARS-CoV-2 reproduction in an immunocompromised patient.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Genome wide association study of severe COVID-19 (NEJM) 8:53, 28:35
- Major genetic risk factor for severe COVID-19 inherited from Neanderthals (Nature) 10:03
- COVID-19 host genetics initiative (Eur J Hum Gen)
- Prolonged SARS-CoV-2 shedding in immunocompromised host (J Inf Dis) 44:08
- Krugman on Barrington Declaration (NY Times) 1:04:13
- Letters read on TWiV 676 1:06:49
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:47:32
Justin – Totally Under Control
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com