Lisa joins TWiV to discuss her research on the pathogenesis of SARS-CoV, MERS-CoV, and SARS-CoV-2, including work on vaccines and an antiviral, then we review the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein as a potential analgesic, and listener questions.
Guest: Lisa Gralinski
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- SARS-like bat CoV with potential for human emergence (Nat Med) 20:54
- SARS-CoV susceptibility loci in CC mice (PLoS Genetics) 30:05
- Combination attenuation for SARS-CoV vaccine (J Virol) 41:07
- Orally administered SARS-CoV-2 antiviral (Res Sq) 52:06
- Spike protein induces analgesia (Pain) 1:05:51
- Letters read on TWiV 674 1:21:20
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:48:53
Brianne – The Lonely Pipette Podcast: Mentoring with Harmit Malik
Kathy – Dr. Boyd the Chemist one and two GREAT short videos one and two, How to read an old school thermometer, New Marvel storyline, Wear a Mask parody of Be My Guest
Rich – Clear+Vivid with Alan Alda
Vincent – Immune 36: Aberrant immunity in COVID-19
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org