Ari and Kishana, two of the founders of Black in Microbiology, join TWiV to discuss the goals of the organization, then we review pauses of J&J and Lilly COVID-19 vaccine trials, preclinical studies of Regeneron’s SARS-CoV-2 monoclonal antibody cocktail, reinfection of a patient in Nevada, and listener questions.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Black microbiologists push for visibility (NY Times) 2:41
- Black in Microbiology keynotes (YouTube) 12:04
- Black in Microbiology 4:02
- Black in Neuro 15:56
- AstroKate rides again (and on TWiV 444) 55:27
- COVID-19 testing strategy calculator (and medRxiv preprint) 1:04:32
- Pause of J&J vaccine trial (STAT) 1:06:32
- Pause of Lilly mAb trial (NY Times) 1:10:14
- REGN-CoV-2 mAbs in animals (Science) 1:13:02
- Regeneron investor slides on mAb phase 3 1:31:38
- SARS-CoV-2 reinfection in US (Lancet Inf Dis) 1:33:34
- Letters read on TWiV 672 1:38:42
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:52:22
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com