Daniel Griffin provides a clinical update on COVID-19, then we review an Ad5 vectored SARS-CoV-2 vaccine, reports on remdesivir and hydroxychloroquine, a drug repurposing study, why some patients infect many others, reducing viral transmission, and much more, including listener email.
Links for this episode
- Safety of Ad5 vectored COVID-19 vaccine (Lancet) 43:04
- Analysis of hydroxychloroquine use (Lancet) 50:14
- Remdesivir study (NEJM) 52:55
- Ancient COVID-19 history (MMWR) 55:06
- Drug repurposing for COVID-19 (bioRxiv) 57:00
- Why do few COVID-19 patients infect others? (Science) 1:00:57
- Overdispersion in COVID-19 transmission (Wellcome Open Res) 1:05:13
- Reducing airborne transmission (Science) 1:06:21
- Image credit
- Letters read on TWiV 621 31:54, 37:38, 41:09. 1:10:28
- Kiki’s Comments
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org