Doris Cully joins TWiV to discuss inhibition of SARS-CoV-2 in cell culture by ivermectin, followed by continuing analysis of the coronavirus pandemic caused by SARS-CoV-2 including COVID-19 in Nadia the tiger, and prediction of respiratory failure by levels of IL-6.
Guest: Doris Cully
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Ivermectin inhibits SARS-CoV-2 in cell culture (Antiviral Res) 2:39
- Tiger at NY zoo positive for SARS-CoV-2 (NY Times) 28:30
- IL-6 level predicts respiratory failure in COVID-19 patients (medRxiv) 36:00
- Infection fatality rate for managing pandemic (virology blog) 40:39
- Letters read on TWiV 599 32:36, 1:01:51
- Image credit
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com