From the Fourth Symposium on Giant Virus Biology in Germany, Vincent, Rich, and Nels speak with Assaf, Stephen, and Alexandra about their careers and their work on giant viruses that infect ocean hosts: Emiliana huxleyi, Aureococcus anophagefferans, and a choanoflagellate.
Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Rich Condit, and Nels Elde
Guests: Assaf Vardi, Stephen Wilhelm, and Alexandra Worden
Click arrow to play
Download TWiV 575 (73 MB .mp3, 121 min)
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- 4th Ringberg Symposium on Giant Virus Biology 00:36
- In-plaque mass spectrometry imaging (Nature Micro) 50:13, 1:05:48
- Infection by brown tide virus, AaV (Front Micro) 1:18:12
- Choano virus with a rhodopsin photosystem (PNAS) 26:30
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com
Leave a Reply