The TWiVstars reveal the diversity of herpes simplex virus type 2 in a neonatal population, and parallel adaptation of rabbits in three countries to myxoma virus.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Diversity of HSV2 in neonates (mSphere) 23:18
- Adaptation of rabbits to myxoma virus (Science) 49:16
- Principal component analysis (YouTube) 1:02:30
- Image credit
- Letters read on TWiV 540 3:05, 1:22:46
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:35:33
Alan – The Quarters
Rich – Brian May – New Horizons (Ultima Thule Mix) [Official Music Video]
Dickson – How rats became an inescapable part of city living
Kathy – Principal Component Analysis (short longer) and Educational Material about Influenza Viruses
Vincent – Why “chickenpox parties” are a terrible idea—in case it’s not obvious
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org