The TWiVers discuss the spread of African swine fever virus and its threat to pig farming, and the zoonotic potential of peste des petits ruminants virus.
Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Alan Dove, Rich Condit, and Kathy Spindler
Click arrow to play
Download TWiV 532 (60 MB .mp3, 99 min)
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Please take the TWiV listener survey 1:48
- ASV 2019 1:58
- European Congress of Virology 2019 3:35
- ASM Clinical Virology Symposium 3:53
- Intel ISEF judges needed 4:14
- ASV in Poland does not let go (Ag Buiten) 21:01
- Alarming ASF outbreak (Science) 24:17
- African swine fever (Euro Comm)
- African swine fever review (Vet J) 39:27
- ASF in wild boar (EFSA J)
- ASF in Belgian wild boar (Dept Env Food Rural Aff)
- Handbook on ASF in wild boar (Stand Grp Experts)
- Feral hogs (VA DGIF) 35:43
- Nonhuman morbillivirus with zoonotic potential (J Virol) 46:43
- Letters read on TWiV 532 5:53, 46:17, 1:11:07
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:25:27
Alan – Retraction Watch database
Rich – “The Mayo Clinic: Faith Hope Science” by Ken Burns
Kathy – U-M EEB Photographer at Large contest
Vincent – Vaccines: An achievement of civilization
David – Useless Knowledge Begets New Horizons
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com
Leave a Reply