Sean Whelan returns to TWiV to speak with Vincent about using haploid cell lines to identify genes encoding cell receptors for viruses, including Ebolavirus, Lassa virus, and more.
Host: Vincent Racaniello
Guest: Sean Whelan
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Ebola virus entry requires the cholesterol transporter Niemann-Pick C1 (Nature)
- Lassa virus entry requires a trigger-induced receptor switch (Science)
- Infectious Entry Pathway Mediated by the Human ERV K Envelope Protein (J Virol)
- Novel Broad-Spectrum Virus Entry Inhibitor (J Virol)
- Mechanism of membrane fusion induced by VSV G protein (PNAS)
- NRP2 and CD63 Are Host Factors for Lujo Virus Cell Entry (Cell Host Micr)
- Image credit
Intro music by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com