The TWiVbolans discuss the finding that human noroviruses, major causes of gastroenteritis, can for the first time be propagated in B cell cultures, with the help of enteric bacteria.
This episode of TWiV is brought to you by the Department of Microbiology at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
Links for this episode
- Ebola virus appropriations (White House)
- ASM Ebola FAQ
- Quarantine due to Ebola virus in semen (NPR)
- Enteric bacteria promote norovirus infection of B cells (Science)
- Norovirus emerges (Zimmer)
- Stephanie Karst on TWiV 134
- Image credit
- Letters read on TWiV 312
Weekly Science Picks
Listener Pick of the Week
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to firstname.lastname@example.org