Hosts: Vincent Racaniello and Rich Condit
Vincent and Rich discuss recovery of a hepatitis B viral genome from a 16th century Korean mummy, and personal omics profiling of an individual over a 14 month period.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV 187 (64 MB .mp3, 88 minutes).
Subscribe (free): iTunes, RSS, email
Links for this episode:
- Tracing HBV to the 16th century (Hepatology)
- HBV on TWiV
- Precautions with ancient DNA (Science)
- Personal omics profile over 14 months (Cell)
- A geneticist’s research turns personal (NY Times)
- Mike Snyder on Futures in Biotech
- The DASH diet
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 187
Weekly Science Picks
Rich – The Checklist by Atul Gawande
Vincent – Artologica
Listener Pick of the Week
David – Cracking your genetic code (Nova)
Josh – The nuclearization of biology is a threat to health and security (pdf)
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave a Reply