Nels and Vincent examine SARS-CoV-2 from an evolutionary viewpoint, examining what the spike glycoprotein sequence informs us about the origin of the virus.
Become a patron of TWiEVO
- Distinct CoV name needed (Lancet) 13:17
- Proximal origin of SARS-COV-2 (virological) 42:51, 45:17
- CoV spillovers not rare (Goats and Soda) 1:05:31
- SARS-CoV-2 phylodynamics analysis (virological) 1:02:14
- Bat CoV surveillance in China (PLoS Path)
- Image credit
- Time stamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Science Picks 1:18:59
Music on TWiEVO is performed by Trampled by Turtles
Send your evolution questions and comments to email@example.com