Sallie joins Immune to discuss her career, emphasizing the importance of a good mentor and the ability to pivot, and her research, which has focused on mother to child transmission of infectious diseases including HIV/AIDS, CMV, and more recently, COVID-19/SARS-CoV-2.
Guest: Sallie Permar
Links for this episode
- Immune correlates of protection against CMV (J Inf Dis) 32:36, 36:35
- Placental IgG transfer in HIV-1-infected women (Cell) 34:53
- Immunization leads to HIV-1 antibody in breast milk (J Virology) 31:38
- Lessons from COVID-19 in children (Clin Inf Dis) 46:51
- Time stamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Music by Steve Neal.
Immune logo image by Blausen Medical
Send your immunology questions and comments to email@example.com