TWiV notes Ashish Jha’s call for doctors to combat a vacuum of medical information while ignoring our contributions, China CDC’s surveillance of SARS-CoV-2 at the Huanan Seafood Market, and an experimental infectious attenuated COVID-19 vaccine that elicits superior mucosal and systemic immunity in hamsters.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Register for ASV 2023
- MicrobeTV Discord Server
- Jha ignores TWiV contribution to disseminating science information (STAT) 15:07
- Surveillance of SARS-CoV-2 at the Huanan Market (Nature) 20:11
- Pandas in the Huanan Market? (ArsTechnica) 36:11, 40:50
- Infectious attenuated COVID-19 vaccine candidate (Nature Micro) 52:23
- Virus attenuation by codon pair deoptimization (Cell Rep)
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:29:27
Dickson – Jazz Project: Conductor/composer: Gill Evans. Produced Sketches of Spain, Porgy And Bess. Quincey Jones. Numerous albums, all kinds of music. Duke Ellington. Prolific musician, pianist, and composer. Antonio Carlos Jobim. Signature album: Sound track from the film – Black Orpheus. Signature songs: Girl From Ipanema; The Waters of March.
Brianne – This is what it sounds like when plants cry
Kathy – I know who you are by Barbara Rae-Venter
Alan – Svalbard seed vault virtual tour
Vincent – We’re Asking the Impossible of Vaccines by Katherine Wu
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com