In his weekly clinical update Dr. Griffin discusses FDA authorizing the first over-the-counter at-home test to detect both influenza and COVID-19, monoclonal antibody for the prevention of respiratory syncytial virus infection in infants and children, epidemiologic characteristics of SARS-CoV-2 recombinant variant XBB.1.5, COVID-19 vaccines vs pediatric hospitalization, maternal SARS-CoV-2 vaccination and infant protection against SARS-CoV-2 during the first six months of life, immunoglobulin, glucocorticoid, or combination therapy for multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children, fatal fulminant cerebral edema in six children with SARS-CoV-2 Omicron BA.2 infection in Taiwan, certifying deaths due to COVID-19, efficacy of first dose of COVID-19 vaccine vs no vaccination on symptoms of patients with long COVID, and the effect of COVID-19 vaccination on long COVID.
Click arrow to play Download TWiV 988 (26 MB .mp3, 43 min) Subscribe (free): Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, RSS, email
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- FDA authorizes over-the-counter at-home test to detect both Influenza and COVID-19 (FDA) 3:07
- Monoclonal antibody for the prevention of RSV in infants and children (JAMA) 8:06
- Epidemiologic characteristics of SARS-CoV-2 variant XBB.1.5 (CDC) 15:13
- COVID-19 vaccines vs pediatric hospitalization (Cell) 17:56
- Maternal SARS-CoV-2 vaccination and infant protection during the first six months of life (Nature) 18:15
- Immunoglobulin, glucocorticoid, or combination therapy for MIS in children (The Lancet) 20:21
- Fatal Fulminant Cerebral Edema in children with SARS-CoV-2 Omicron BA.2 infection (JPID) 21:22
- Certifying deaths due to COVID-19 (CDC) 29:02
- Efficacy of first dose of COVID-19 vaccine vs no vaccination on patients with Long COVID (BMJ) 29:55
- Effect of COVID-19 vaccination on long COVID (BMJ) 30:08
- Contribute to our ASTMH fundraiser at PWB 30:55
- Dr. Griffin’s treatment guide (pdf)
- Letters read on TWiV 988 31:43
- Don’t crush Paxlovid (pdf)
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Reply