From the European Society for Clinical Virology 2022 Conference in Manchester UK, Vincent speaks with Richard Knight about prion diseases and the outbreak of bovine spongiform encephalitis that led to cases of variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease in humans.
Host: Vincent Racaniello
Guest: Richard Knight
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- National CJD Research and Surveillance Unit
- Clinical diagnosis of human prion disease (Prog Mol Biol Trans Sci)
- Variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (Handbook Clin Viral)
- Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (Adv Exp Med Biol)
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org