Angela Mingarelli joins TWiV to discuss whether the gut microbiota of bats confers tolerance to influenza virus infection in mice, and primate hemorrhagic fever-causing arteriviruses that can reproduce in human cells and might be capable of infecting humans.
Guest: Angela Mingarelli
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Research assistant position at FDA (pdf)
- Support MicrobeTV with a Spike t-shirt (Vaccinated.us)
- Bat gut microbiota and flu infection in mice (Transbound Emerg Dis) 23:56
- Primate hemorrhagic fever-causing arteriviruses (Cell) 52:15
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:23:20
Dickson – Jazz pics: #5. Small group. Art Blakey and the Jazz Messenger: Art Blakey, Drums; Lee Morgan, Trumpet; Benny Golson, Tenor saxophone; Bobby Timmons, Piano; Jymie Merrit, Bass (1958-1964). Signature album: Art Blakey And The Jazz Messengers: Blues March: Signature song: Blues March
Brianne – Why Chimps and Gorillas Form Rainforest Friendships
Rich – Fly Water – FPV to New Depths
Alan – The Seven Words You Can’t Say on Television, by George Carlin, and its repercussions
Angela – Nature’s Inspiring Women in Science Award
Vincent – Mysteries of Nevada Barr and her protagonist Anna Pigeon
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com