In his weekly clinical update Dr. Griffin discusses high points of the multi-national monkeypox outbreaks, monkeypox virus genome mutations, possible occupational infection of healthcare workers with monkeypox virus, rates of monkeypox cases by vaccination status, protection of SARS-CoV-2 infection against reinfection, Paxlovid significantly reduces COVID-19 hospitalizations and deaths, and rebound in COVID19 with and without Paxlovid treatment.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Research assistant position with Amy Rosenfeld (pdf) 2:50
- Support MicrobeTV with a Spike t-shirt at Vaccinated.US 3:33
- Multi-National Monkeypox outbreak (CDC) 5:36
- Mutation of the Monkeypox Virus (Nature) 7:38
- Occupational infection of Healthcare workers with Monkeypox (CDC) 9:14
- Rates of Monkeypox cases by vaccination status (CDC) 13:00
- Protection of SARS-CoV-2 natural infection against reinfection (CMI) 18:12
- PAXLOVID patient eligibility screening checklist (FDA)
- Paxlovid reduces COVID19 hospitalizations & deaths (EPIC) 23:51
- Paxlovid rebound in COVID19 (NEJM) 29:58
- Remdesivir fact sheet for providers (Veklury)
- Bebtelovimab fact sheet for providers (FDA)
- Dr. Griffin’s treatment guide (pdf)
- Contribute to Floating Doctors fundraiser at PWB 35:11
- Letters read on TWiV 943 35:31
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to email@example.com