Paul Offit returns to TWiV for a discussion of SARS-CoV-2 bivalent boosters containing ancestral and Omicron spike mRNAs, including their composition, why they are being recommended by CDC, and who would benefit the most from them.
Guest: Paul Offit
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Research assistant position at FDA (pdf) 3:26
- Support MicrobeTV with a Spike t-shirt (Vaccinated.us) 4:38
- CDC oversells bivalent booster (Wall St Journal) 8:48
- FDA authorizes bivalent COVID-19 booster 12:53
- Letters read on TWiV 942 1:09:05
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:32:47
Dickson – Jazz favorites: Small group #4: Gerry Mulligan Quartet with Chet Baker: Gerry Mulligan, Baritone saxophone; Carson Smith, Bass; Larry Bunker, Drums, Chet Baker, Trumpet. Signature album: The Best Of The Gerry Mulligan Quartet With Chet Baker: Signature song: My Funny Valentine.
Second pick: Wonder: Childhood and the Lifelong love of Science. Frank C. Keil.
Brianne – A Devious Cellular Trick Cancers Can Use to Escape Your Immune System
Kathy – Durable antimicrobial coating
Rich – One Health
Vincent – The works of Dashiell Hammett
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org