TWiV discusses a new henipavirus from fruit bats in Madagascar, and attenuation of SARS-CoV-2 Omicron disease in mice caused by genome mutations outside of the spike protein coding region.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Research assistant position at FDA (pdf) 1:25
- Beijerinck virology prize (KNAW) 4:49
- Nipah virus vaccine (TWiV 618) 9:12
- Novel henipavirus from Madagascar (J Viral) 7:03
- Spike-independent Omicron attenuation in mice (Cell Rep) 31:36
- Letters read on TWiV 933 59:11
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:28:04
Dickson – Small groups: 3. Modern Jazz Quartet. Signature song: Skating in Central Park. Signature album: Django.
Brianne – To Prevent a Martian Plague, NASA Needs to Build a Very Special Lab
Kathy – Physics Girl – Overnight in the Most Remote Camp on Earth
Vincent – Lab leaders wrestle with paucity of postdocs
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com