In his weekly clinical update Dr. Griffin discusses the public health response to a polio case in a unvaccinated NY state resident, human to dog transmission of monkeypox virus, Tecovirimat and the treatment of monkeypox, detection of asymptomatic monkeypox virus infections among male sexual health clinic attendees in Belgium, what to do if you are exposed to SARS-CoV-2 and isolation and precautions for people with COVID-19, risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection in health care workers, effectiveness of HEPA filters at removing infectious SARS-CoV-2 from the air, Pfizer reports additional data on Paxlovid, hospitalization encounters for infection after Paxlovid, a randomized trial of Metformin, Ivermectin, and Fluvoxamine, and readmissions, post-discharge mortality and sustained recovery among patients admitted to hospital with COVID-19.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Response to Polio case in an unvaccinated person in New York (CDC) 1:58
- Human to dog transmission of Monkeypox virus (The Lancet) 9:53
- Tecovirimat for the treatment of Monkeypox (NEJM) 15:15
- Detection of asymptomatic Monkeypox among Belgian men (Nature Medicine) 17:17
- Exposure to disease and precautions (CDC) 19:30
- Risk of infection in healthcare workers (JAMA) 24:36
- Effectiveness of HEPA filters (ASM) 25:32
- PAXLOVID patient eligibility screening checklist (FDA)
- Remdesivir fact sheet for providers (Veklury)
- Bebtelovimab fact sheet for providers (FDA)
- Pfizer reports additional data on PAXLOVID (Pfizer) 27:40
- Hospitalization encounters for infection after PAXLOVID (CDC) 28:09
- Trial for Metformin, Ivermectin, and Fluvoxamine (NEJM) 30:46
- Readmission, post-discharge mortality, recovery among patients (IDSA) 34:04
- Contribute to Floating Doctors fundraiser at PWB 35:16
- Dr. Griffin’s treatment guide (pdf)
- Letters read on TWiV 928 35:39
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to firstname.lastname@example.org