Michael Merchlinsky joins TWiV to discuss the development of two smallpox antiviral drugs and two smallpox vaccines and their uses during the monkeypox outbreak.
Guest: Michael Merchlinsky
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Michael on Anything but academic (TWiM 145)
- Development of Tecoviromat (TPOXX) (Antiviral Res) 37:42
- Use of Jynneos vaccine (MMWR) 32:51
- Limitations of Tecoviromat (NEJM) 35:00
- Poliovirus in NYC wastewater (NY Times) 1:18:42
- Letters read on TWiV 927 1:23:53
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:37:44
Dickson – Duke Ellington and his Orchestra. Signature song: Take The A Train; Signature album: Black, Brown, And Beige and Herding Cats: Harlem 1958
Kathy – How the US Postal Service reads terrible handwriting
Rich – JWST/chorizo gag
Vincent – Bat Conservation Trust
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com