In COVID-19 clinical update #113, Dr. Griffin discusses tocilizumab use in hospitalized Patients, IL-6 inhibitors and mortality, Baricitinib in hospitalized patients, post-infection neurological sequelae, comparative effectiveness of Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, phase 2/3 study of Paxlovid, infection relapse following Paxlovid, pre-hospital administration of Remdesivir, and hospitalization with different variants.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Timing of Tocilizumab Use in Hospitalized Patients (NIH) 34:28
- Interleukin-6 inhibitors reduce mortality (European Journal of Internal Medicine) 35:58
- Treatment Effect of Baricitinib on Hospitalized Patients (IDSA) 36:57
- Post Infection Neurological Sequelae (Res Square) 38:09
- Comparative Effectiveness of Pfizer and Moderna Vaccines (Nature Commun) 7:58
- Results from Phase 2/3 Study of Paxlovid (Pfizer) 13:45
- Infection Relapse Following Suppression by Paxlovid (Res Square) 19:55
- Update on Paxlovid Usage (FDA) 25:02
- Availability and Use of Treatments in Outpatients (CDC) 25:47
- Pre-Hospital Administration of Remdesivir (IDSA) 26:56
- Remdesivir and three other drugs for Hospitalized Patients (Lancet) 32:45
- Guidelines on Usage of Anticoagulants (Am Soc Hematol) 30:22
- Different Variants Hospitalization and Morality (Res Square) 3:30
- Contribute to FIMRIC fundraiser at PWB 40:26
- Dr. Griffin’s treatment guide (pdf)
- Letters read on TWiV 897 41:25
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to email@example.com