Elke, Adam, and Gabor join TWiV to discuss their work on Lloviu virus, a filovirus, including recovery of infectious virus from a DNA copy of the genome and from Schreiber’s bats in Hungary.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Elke on TWiV 200 and Threading the NEIDL 1:39
- Infectious Lloviu virus from bats in Hungary (Nat Commun) 7:11
- Infectious Lloviu virus from DNA (PloS Path) 7:11
- Letters read on TWiV 891 56:01
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:11:01
Brianne – APod Stars and Globules in the Running Chicken Nebula
Kathy – BioRender Poster Builder
Rich – The Sins of Our Fathers: An Expanse Novella (The Expanse) by James S. A. Corey
Vincent – Baumgartner Restoration
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com