In COVID-19 clinical update #110, Dr. Griffin covers hospital admissions during variant outbreaks, viral load in vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals, predictive capacity of symptoms in children, comparison of antigen tests, incidence of myocarditis after vaccination, steroids during replication phase, Paxlovid efficacy and safety, fluvoxamine, sabizabutin, colchicine, and prevalence of infection in Africa.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Hospital admissions during Omicron and Delta variant outbreaks (Lancet) 3:48
- Viral load in unvaccinated and vaccinated individuals (Nat Med) 6:19
- Predictive Capability of symptoms in children (Clin Inf Dis) 11:59
- Comparison of antigen tests (medRxiv) 12:26
- Incidence of Myocarditis after COVID19 and non-COVID19 vaccination (Lancet) 22:00
- Steroids during viral replication phase (Resp)
- Paxlovid efficacy and safety (Pfizer) 32:33
- Fluvoxamine & Outpatient Management (JAMA) 33:06
- Sabizabutin efficacy and safety (Veru) 37:14
- Colchicine and lack of benefit (Lancet) 40:56
- SARS-CoV-2 prevalence in Africa (medRxiv) 42:05
- Contribute to ASTMH fundraiser at PWB 44:13
- Dr. Griffin’s treatment guide (pdf)
- Letters read on TWiV 889 44:59
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to firstname.lastname@example.org