In COVID-19 clinical update #107, Daniel Griffin reviews vaccine booster doses, at-home testing, transmission in hamsters, improving indoor air quality, trials of BCG, ivermectin, and fluvoxamine, vaccination during pregnancy, mRNA vaccines and Fc functions, anti-platelet and aspirin therapy and a trial of prone positioning.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- FDA authorizes second booster (FDA) 2:37
- Second booster and mortality (Res Square) 4:38
- Booster effectiveness vs hospitalization (MMWR) 6:44
- SARS-CoV-2 coinfections (Lancet)
- At-home testing (MMWR) 15:01
- Transmission study in hamsters (PLoS Path) 16:06
- Improving indoor air quality (EPA) 17:12
- BCG vaccine no effect on viral infections (Clin Inf Dis) 18:17
- Vaccination during pregnancy (JAMA) 19:30
- mRNA vaccines and different Fc functions (Sci Transl Med) 20:27
- Ivermectin clinical trial (NEJM) 23:36
- Fluvoxamine clinical trial (Lancet) 24:47
- Antiplatelet therapy (JAMA) 30:50
- Aspirin and in-hospital mortality (JAMA) 30:20
- Proning trial (Brit Med J) 31:39
- Contribute to ASTMH fundraiser at PWB 34:00
- Dr. Griffin’s treatment guide (pdf)
- Letters read on TWiV 883 34:38
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to email@example.com