In COVID-19 clinical update #96, Daniel Griffin reviews Omicron in South Africa, rapid antigen tests, viral coinfections, isolation and quarantine, saliva preferred for Omicron, risk factors for severe disease in vaccinated, Paxlovid dosing, and long COVID.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Variant proportions (CDC) 4:07
- Omicron in South Africa (JAMA) 8:24
- Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 (Ann Int Med) 15:18
- Diagnostics for COVID-19 (Lancet)
- Comparison of rapid antigen tests (J Clin Med) 18:05
- Rapid antigen tests to reduce isolation (medRxiv) 20:49
- Frequency of viral confections (MMWR) 21:24
- Isolation and quarantine (CDC) 13:12, 24:58
- Saliva preferred for Omicron (medRxiv) 31:57
- Risk factors for severe COVID in vaccinated (MMWR) 34:19
- Paxlovid dosing (Pfizer) 40:37
- Fatigue and cognitive impairment (Brain, Behavior, Immune) 44:11
- Letters read on TWiV 850 47:04
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to email@example.com