TWiV reveals all that we know so far about the variant of concern B.1.1.529, also called Omicron, and describes a study on the ability of the alpha, beta, and delta variants to reproduce in cells in culture and induce membrane fusion.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Omicron genome changes (Covariants) 7:06
- Omicron shared changes with other variants (Covariants) 17:34
- Update on Omicron (WHO) 23:07
- Spike polymutant PMS20 (bioRxiv) 26:16
- Syncytium formation of variants of concern (EMBO J) 36:39
- Variants as super cell fusers (EMBO J) 1:05:56
- Letters read on TWiV 836 1:10:34
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:37:49
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com