Moriah and Joseph join the nearly complete TWiV team to discuss their work on genetic variation and adaptability in herpes simplex virus, and how rotavirus infection disrupts intracellular calcium homeostasis. Live streamed during the 2021 annual meeting of the American Society for Virology.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Diversity of HSV2 in neonates (mSphere) 14:03
- Genome of HSV1 from multiple sites in one person (J Inf Dis) 29:37
- Rotavirus disrupts calcium homeostasis (mBio) 48:20
- Rotavirus protein activates calcium sensor (J Virol)
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:06:41
Dickson – Inside of Mars is not like Earth
Brianne – AlphaFold
Rich – Tesla motors
Alan – Diving for antique beer
Vincent – Dolly Parton Tried. But Tennessee Is Squandering a Miracle
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com