David joins TWiV to relate how his near-death experience with Castleman’s disease motivated him to found the Center for Cytokine Storm Treatment & Laboratory and the CORONA project to identify and track all treatments reported for COVID-19 in an open-source data repository.
Guest: David Fajgenbaum
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- CORONA project 18:58, 46:32
- Center for Cytokine Storm Treatment & Laboratory 1:54, 20:29
- Castleman Disease Collaborative Network 2:10, 5:41, 8:52
- Chasing My Cure 2:51, 5:15
- Letters read on TWiV 766 1:01:39
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:19:28
John Paul II: Dear young people, whether you are believers or not, accept the call to be virtuous. This means being strong within, having a big heart, being rich in the highest sentiments, bold in the truth, courageous in freedom, constant in responsibility, generous in love, invincible in hope.
David: Never stop questioning and always follow the data.
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com