The entire TWiV team assembles to discuss resurgence of COVID-19 in Manaus, Brazil, discovery of SARS-CoV-2 related viruses in bats in Southeast Asia, and increased Ct values after administration of mRNA vaccine.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Resurgence of COVID-19 in Manaus (Lancet) 3:55
- SARS-CoV-2 related viruses in Southeast Asian bats (Nat Comm) 19:17
- Increased Ct following COVID-19 vaccination (medRxiv) 53:34
- Letters read on TWiV 722 1:09:58
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:42:45
Dickson – What is the polar vortex?
Brianne – Cloning of the black-footed ferret
Alan – Explaining mRNA vaccines with Star Wars
Rich – Brighton Collaboration (BRAVATO); Ad26 vector template
Kathy – Target public health ads to zipcodes
Vincent – And Then the Gorillas Started Coughing
Kim – Virus getting the shot (jpg)
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com