Tony Schountz joins TWiV to explain the work of his laboratory showing that deer mice can be infected with and transmit SARS-CoV-2, and how his colony of Jamaican fruit bats is being used to understand their response to virus infections.
Guest: Tony Schountz
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- SARS-CoV-2 infection of deer mice (bioRxiv) 9:56
- Infection of Jamaican fruit bats with MERS-CoV (Sci Rep) 47,:28, 55:59
- Immunological control of virus infections in bats (Front Immunol) 56:42
- Transmission of bat influenza viruses in bats (Nat Micro) 47:32
- Letters read on TWiV 668 1:05:06
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:36:20
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com