The TWiVerinos discuss Nipah virus and the recent outbreak in India, and the first cast of polio in Papua New Guinea in 18 years.
Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Dickson Despommier, Alan Dove, Rich Condit, and Brianne Barker
Click arrow to play
Download TWiV 504 (67 MB .mp3, 131 min)
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Support Viruses & Cells Gordon Conference 3:20
- TWiV 501: Outbreak 4:27, 10:13
- Nipah virus infection (JCM) 16:48
- Anatomy of an outbreak (The Hindu) 20:25
- Do we need to worry about Nipah virus? (Tufts Now) 18:00
- Nipah virus infection of bats (EID) 34:29
- Papua New Guinea no longer polio-free (virology blog) 54:20
- WHO polio endgame (polioeradication) 1:01:48
- Letters read on TWiV 504 49:41
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:32:05
Alan – Glaciers of the Rockies aerial photos
Rich – SpaceX CRS-15 mission to the space station (wiki)
Dickson – Test of Einstein’s theory of relativity
Brianne – biorender
Vincent – True or False? with Michael Schmidt
Jolene – Dogs cannot get autism
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Reply