The TWiV team travels to Texas A&M University, home of the Center for Phage Technology, where they speak with Ry Young and Jason Gill about their work on viruses that infect bacteria.
Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Alan Dove, Rich Condit, and Kathy Spindler
Guests: Jason Gill and Ry Young
Click arrow to play
Download TWiV 502 (54 MB .mp3, 90 min)
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Center for Phage Technology at TAMU 17:38
- Personalized phage therapy (PNAS) 34:59
- Phage for biolipid extraction (Sci Rep) 55:44
- Viral protein antibiotic (Nat Micro) 1:15:05
- Acinetobacter phage depolymerase (J Virol) 1:19:01
- Structure of phage Qβ (PNAS) 1:23:53
- Video of this episode (YouTube) 1:21
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com
loved the episode, always in for some Phagetalks 😀
Totally agree with the love for Holin proteins. The first time i read about them many years ago it blew my mind