The TWiV posse considers viral insulin-like peptides encoded in fish genomes, and insect antiviral immunity by production of viral DNA from defective genomes of RNA viruses.
Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Dickson Despommier, Alan Dove, Kathy Spindler, and Brianne Barker
Click arrow to play
Download TWiV 485 (52 MB .mp3, 86 min)
Subscribe (free): iTunes, RSS, email
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- ASM Microbe 2018
- Insulin-like peptides in Iridovirus genomes (PNAS)
- Dicer-2 dependent generation of cvDNA from defective genomes (Cell Host Micr)
- Carla Saleh on insect antiviral immunity (TWiV 301)
- RNAseIII ancient antiviral RNA platform (TWiV 450)
- cvDNA precursor to EVEs (TWiV 482)
- Image credit: Paul Young
- Letters read on TWiV 485
Weekly Science Picks
Kathy – Vegas casinos lost money on physicists
Brianne – Astronaut twin’s DNA is not 7% different!
Dickson – Parasitic Diseases lecture videos
Alan – In Season blog by Donna Long
Vincent – Buckyball viruses
Paul – Wine labels (front, back)
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com
Leave a Reply