The TWiViridae review the 2017 Nobel Prizes for cryoEM and circadian rhythms, and discuss modulation of plant virus replication by RNA methylation.
Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Dickson Despommier, Alan Dove, Rich Condit, and Kathy Spindler
Click arrow to play
Download TWiV 463 (63 MB .mp3, 104 min)
Subscribe (free): iTunes, RSS, email
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Truth Wins by Jonathan Yewdell (epub or mobi)
- Gabriel Victora awarded MacArthur Prize
- Forty Years of mRNA Splicing (CSH)
- 2017 Chemistry Nobel: Jacques Dubochet, Joachim Frank, Richard Henderson
- 2017 Physiology or Medicine Nobel: Jeffrey C. Hall, Michael Rosbash, Michael W. Young
- 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry (pdf)
- 2017 Nobel Prize in Physiology of Medicine (pdf)
- Jonathan Weiner on TWiEVO 19
- RNA methylation modulates plant virus infectivity (PNAS)
- Christine Racaniello’s marked up copy of Arrowsmith (jpg)
- Letters read on TWiV 463
This episode is brought to you by Blue Apron. Blue Apron is the #1 fresh ingredient and recipe delivery service in the country. Get $30 off your first delivery and FREE SHIPPING by going to blueapron.com/twiv.
This episode is brought to you by the Defense Threat Reduction Agency. Part of the U.S. Department of Defense, the Agency’s Chemical and Biological Technologies Department hosts the 2017 Chemical and Biological Defense Science & Technology Conference to exchange information on the latest and most dynamic developments for countering chemical and biological weapons of mass destruction. Find out more at http://www.cbdstconference.com
Weekly Science Picks
Kathy – When biospheres collide
Dickson – Blame 10 rivers for ocean plastic
Alan – Farming in The Netherlands
Vincent – Meet the Microbiologist
Jay – OmegaTau podcast
Trudy – Arrowsmith by Sinclair Lewis
Mark – iOS app Human Anatomy Atlas and Master in Business podcast
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Reply