The TWiV team discusses eye infections caused by Zika virus, failure of Culex mosquitoes to transmit the virus, and replication of norovirus in stem cell derived enteroids.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Florida DOH daily Zika update 12:15
- Congress fails again on Zika (NY Times) 13:25
- Culex pipiens does not support Zika virus replication (EID) 17:00
- Zika virus in the eye (Cell Rep) 20:00
- Norovirus replication in enteroids (Science) 31:45
- Norovirus replication in B cells (TWiV 312) 36:35
- Baylor press release 39:00
- Norovirus replication in B cells confirmed (Antiviral Res) 39:45
- Letters read on TWiV 406 5:05, 1:07:30
This episode is brought to you by CuriosityStream, a subscription streaming service that offers over 1,400 documentaries and nonfiction series from the world’s best filmmakers. Get unlimited access starting at just $2.99 a month, and for our audience, the first two months are completely free if you sign up at curiositystream.com/microbe and use the promo code MICROBE. 0:25, 28:50
This episode is also brought to you by Drobo, a family of safe, expandable, yet simple to use storage arrays. Drobos are designed to protect your important data forever. Visit www.drobo.com to learn more. Listeners can save $100 on a Drobo system at drobostore.com by using the discount code Microbe100. 0:50, 1:02:15
Weekly Science Picks 1:24:05
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com