Welkin joins the TWiV team for a discussion of HIV prophylaxis using vectored antibodies, and the influenza H5N1 virus studies in ferrets that were not redacted.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV 168 (59 MB .mp3, 98 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Vectored HIV immunoprophylaxis (Nature)
- Vectored immunoprophylaxis – the Movie (YouTube)
- Adeno-associated virus (Wikipedia)
- In vitro evolution of H5N1 towards human receptor specificity (Virology)
- Endogenous viral genes non-essential in chicken (Nature)
- Rates of HIV transmission per coital act (J Inf Dis)
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 168
Weekly Science Picks
Listener Pick of the Week
Charlotte – And the Band Played On
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.