Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Rich Condit, and Alan Dove
Vincent, Rich, and Alan discuss live blogging of scientific meetings, the current outbreak of Hendra virus is Australia, and using zinc finger nucleases to make HIV-resistant CD4 cells.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV 144 (75 MB .mp3, 104 minutes).
Subscribe (free): iTunes, RSS, email
Links for this episode:
- Live blogging scientific meetings (virology blog)
- Cross reactive Hendra antibodies in dog (article one and two and three)
- Dog owner replies
- Map of Hendra virus outbreak 2011
- Summaries of current Hendra virus outbreak (one and two)
- Recombinant Hendra glycoprotein vaccine protects ferrets (Vaccine)
- Making HIV resistant CD4 cells with zinc finger nucleases (PLoS Pathogens)
- Surveyor nuclease assay
- NCIS ‘Toxic’ summary
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 144
Weekly Science Picks
Alan – Bugscope
Rich – Vaccine adverse events: Causal or coincidental? (Lancet)
Vincent – West Nile Story by Dickson Despommier (Kindle edition)
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com.
Leave a Reply