Kevin Messacar visits the Incubator to discuss his career as a pediatric infectious disease physician, and his work on enteroviruses that are associated with acute flaccid myelitis and other diseases.
Host: Vincent Racaniello
Guest: Kevin Messacar
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- MicrobeTV Discord Server
- MicrobeTV store at Cafepress
- Global Scholar Travel Awards (ASV)
- Research assistant position in Rosenfeld Lab CBER/FDA (pdf)
- Emergence of EV-D68 (Microbio Spectr) 9:40
- 2014 outbreak of EV-D68 (J Med Virol) 16:38
- EV-D68 shedding in households (Emerg Inf Dis) 33:39
- EV-A71 outbreak in Colorado (Lancet Inf Dis) 20:06
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org