TWiV explains genetic changes in nOPV2 strains that paralyzed children, outbreak of raccoon distemper in Toronto, EcoHealth Alliance gets its NIH grant back, and breakage at chromosomal fragile sites caused by the EBNA1 protein of Epstein-Barr virus as a mechanism for carcinogenesis.
Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Rich Condit, Kathy Spindler, and Angela Mingarelli
Click arrow to play
Download TWiV 1005 (61 MB .mp3, 101 min)
Subscribe (free): Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, RSS, email
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Register for ASV 2023 3:58
- Research assistant position at FDA (pdf) 4:59
- MicrobeTV Discord Server
- nOPV2 after two years (Polioeradication) 7:12
- Raccoon distemper in Toronto (CityNews Everywhere) 24:24
- NIH reinstates EcoHealth grant (Nature) 34:45
- Chromosomal breakage by EBNA1 (Nature) 37:36
- Agent of chromosomal instability (Nature) 1:16:53
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:19:21
Angela – Night Science
Kathy – Kermit, Jim Henson, Rainbow Connection
Rich – Alexander Skarsgård Explains the Answer to Everything
Vincent – Beyond the Noise with Dr. Paul Offit
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Reply