In COVID-19 clinical update #78, Daniel Griffin covers ivermectin, convalescent plasma, disease in pregnant women, children and COVID, delta outbreak in an elementary school, validation of at-home antigen test, shedding in infected vaccinated people, mRNA vaccine antibody responses compared, AZD7442, fluvoxamine, one year outcomes in hospitalized patients, and post-vaccination disease.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Do not take veterinary ivermectin (FDA) 3:23
- Ivermectin side effects (CDC) 6:22
- Do not use convalescent plasma (IDSA) 8:17
- COVID-19 in pregnant women (JAMA) 10:02
- Children and COVID-19 data (AAP) 12:10
- Long COVID in 11-17 year olds (Res Square) 13:08
- Delta outbreak elementary school (MMWR) 16:13
- Validation of at-home antigen test (JAMA) 18:13
- Shedding in infected vaccinated people (medRxiv) 21:59
- Compared antibody responses after mRNA vaccination (JAMA) 24:54
- AZD7442 PROVENT phase III (AZ) 27:41
- Fluvoxamine trial (medRxiv) 30:00
- One-year outcomes hospital survivors (Lancet) 33:26
- Post-vaccination illness (Lancet) 35:37
- Letters read on TWiV 800 40:52
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to firstname.lastname@example.org