TWiV reviews approvals of the first gene therapy for severe hemophilia A in adults and a monoclonal antibody to prevent RSV respiratory disease in babies and toddlers, and a common allele of HLA that mediates asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infection through pre-existing T cell immunity due to previous exposure to common cold coronaviruses.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- MicrobeTV Discord Server
- First gene therapy for hemophilia A approved (FDA) 4:37
- Luxturna, gene therapy for vision loss (FDA) 7:05
- Anti-RSV monoclonal antibody approved (FDA) 17:41
- Trial of single-dose Nirsevimab (NEJM) 20:09
- Common allele of HLA is associated with asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infection (Nature) 25:59
- Letters read on TWiV 1028 25:31, 1:21:01
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:35:48
Dickson – Phoenix hits 110 degrees for the 19th day in a row, setting national record
Brianne – James Webb Telescope One Year Anniversary Photo
Kathy – Drone awards photos
Alan – WHO Film Festival winners
Vincent – Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com