Hosts: Vincent Racaniello and Dickson Despommier
Vincent and Dickson update the multistate outbreak of cyclosporiasis, discuss the avian malaria parasite P. lophurae, and review protection against malaria by intravenous immunization with a nonreplicating sporozoite vaccine.
Download TWiP #59 (60 MB .mp3, 84 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Cyclosporiasis outbreak in US (CDC)
- Extraordinary history of REV (PLoS Biology)
- Avian malaria (Ann NY Acad Sci)
- P. lophurae (J Parasitol)
- TWiP infects TWiV (TWiV 248)
- Intravenous malaria vaccine (Science)
- Unconventional malaria vaccine (Science)
- Image of apicomplexan structure: Wikipedia
- Letters read on TWiP 59
Subscribe to TWiP (free) in iTunes, by the RSS feed or by email
Leave a Reply