TWiM reveals that breast milk bioactives are essential for development of the infant microbiome and immunity, and how capsule mutants of Klebsiella pneumoniae can affect bacterial pathogenesis.
Right click to download TWiM #292 (43 MB .mp3, 60 minutes)
Become a Patron of TWiM!
Links for this episode:
- Diet-microbe-host interaction in early life (Science)
- Human Milk: An Ideal Food (Front Ped)
- Determinants of Diabetes in the Young (Ann NY Acad Sci)
- Gut microbiome in early childhood (Nature)
- Probiotics Infloran and Labinic
- Cell envelope defects of Klebsiella pneumoniae (Mol Micro)
- A cautionary tale (Mol Micro)
- Global mortality associated with bacterial pathogens (Lancet)
Music used on TWiM is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your microbiology questions and comments to email@example.com