TWiM reviews discovery of a bacterium that is visible to the naked eye, and reversible resistance to bacteriophage by shedding of the bacterial cell wall.
Right click to download TWiM #269 (35 MB .mp3, 47 minutes)
Become a Patron of TWiM!
Links for this episode:
- A bacterium that is not a microbe (Science)
- Overwhelming microbial greatness (TWiM 261)
- Medical illustrator Kellie Holoski
- Bacteriophage resistance by shedding cell wall (Open Biol)
- Who came first, monderms or diderms? (Nat Ecol Evol)
- Letters read on TWiM 269
Music used on TWiM is composed and performed by Ronald Jenkees and used with permission.
Send your microbiology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org