Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Michael Schmidt, and Cliff Mintz
On episode #24 of the podcast, Vincent, Michael, and Cliff review ten compelling microbiology stories from 2011.
Ten Microbiology stories from 2011:
- Bean sprouts and E. coli O104H4 (TWiM 9, 20)
- H. pylori and asthma (TWiM 11)
- Airborne H5N1 influenza (TWiV 159)
- The microbiome (TWiM 2, 15, 19)
- Synthetic biology (TWiM 12)
- Probiotics (TWiM 24)
- Symbiosis (TWiM 8, 10, 17, 21)
- Turning E. coli into a pathogen (TWiM 18)
- Mammalian endothermy restricts fungi (TWiM 16)
- Microbiology 911 (TWiM 22)
Download TWiM #24 (57.5 MB, .mp3, 79 minutes).
Subscribe to TWiM (free) on iTunes, via RSS feed, by email or listen on your mobile device with the Microbeworld app.
Links for this episode:
- Body odor may explain mosquito preference
- Skin microbiota and attractiveness to mosquitos (PLoS One)
- Letters read on TWiM #24
Send your microbiology questions and comments to email@example.com
Leave a Reply