On episode #23 of the podcast, Vincent, Jo, Elio, and Michael explain how a swarming bacterium helps disperse a non-motile fungus, and bacterial antibiotic tolerance mediated by hydrogen sulfide and starvation responses.
Download TWiM #23 (52.5 MB, .mp3, 76 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Paenibacillus carries Aspergillus (PNAS)
- Hydrogen sulfide: a defense against antibiotics (Science)
- Starvation responses to mediate antibiotic tolerance (Science)
- Antioxidant strategies to tolerate antibiotics (Science)
- Eshel Ben-Jacob’s Microbial Art
- Submit a topic for ASM GM 2012
- Letters read on TWiM #23
Send your microbiology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org